Friday, January 27, 2012

Fr.Tony

I am Fr. Tony a priest for the Arch- Diocese of Nagpur. My desire of becoming priest came to me when I was at 8th class. I saw a separate group (brothers) who were good and enjoying life. So I decided to join the Seminary but later on I wanted to take gap for one or two years to do job. But one Old French Priest who was my Spiritual Guide asked me, what am I going to do? He told me that I would not be taken back afterwards. Actually, I was only two years in St. Charles for my studies, because I was asked by the Rector to go to Pune for the rest of my studies. But these two years of Studies in St. Charles became the foundation of my life. I missed a lot by going to Pune from here because I did not know well of this place, although I am born and brought up in Nagpur. When I completed my studies and was appointed in Chindwada Mission, an incident took place in my life and that incident helped me to balance my life well. For the first time I had meal all alone there and did not feel to eat so I gave it to dog. In fact, the meal was sent from the convent by the superior of the convent and later on asked me how the meal was all about. I told her what I did with the meal. But, she could make me understand that I have to be alone throughout my life so learn to adjust myself. Once a Non-catholic confronted me by asking, “If you are given life again, what you would be” I replied, I would be Priest.

No comments:

Post a Comment