Saturday, March 10, 2012

Fr.John P.

Fr. John P. is the priest for the diocese of Gwalior who hails from the state of Kerala. He started his sharing with few quotations. “Man proposes and God disposes”. “Be aware of yourself that is where you are, why you are”. He went on saying that in the modern age, it is easy to become priest, but difficult to live priestly life. God tested me severely before joining this way of life. I had the desire to become priest in any religious congregation since childhood. But I was neglected because I passed SCC with 2nd division. So I joined brotherhood in the society of St.Paul’s Missionary. After sometime, I left and held job in Press. But, God had another plan for me and that was to become priest, so I applied for Jhansi Diocese. I was selected and sent to St. Charles for my studies. Here, I was an electrician as well as Master of ceremony in 4th year of Theology. Once Spiritual Director Fr.N.Moloy said to me, “Can you have this joy after fifteen years of priesthood?” I said, “Yes.” Later on Bifurcation took place and I opted for Gwalior Diocese. According to him Seminary is the place where one disciplines for the rest of life; therefore, he says that we come from unorganized place to be organized and to go to unorganized place again. His motto of life is “Comfort the afflicted and strength is the risen Lord”.

No comments:

Post a Comment